Planning a trip to Dallas? Or do you live there already? Either way there are oodles of thing to do in Dallas which will make you smile. Here are just five outings that will give you just a taste of the wonders of this great town which is so much more than just cowboys.
• King Spa and Sauna- According to those that know, this is the place to spend the “most relaxing day you can possibly have.” Some of the language used to describe the pools is ‘phenomenal’ and the saunas ‘insane.’ The food is ‘heaven’, and for only $18 you can stay in heaven the entire day.
• Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens-In the mood for a bit of R and R without the H and B (hustle and bustle)? Enjoy a great calmness while you commune with the beauty and peace of nature. Flowers, trees, shrubs and birds all join together to form a wonderful, invigorating experience.
• Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park- this park is DIFFERENT! It boasts as being the world’s only amusement park which makes ‘Thrill Rides’ their specialty. There are five ‘extreme’ rides: Bungee Jump; the Nothin’ But Net; Texas Blastoff; the Skycoaster; and the Skyscraper. Hold a party here, and you can be sure no one of your guests will forget it, ever.
• The Sixth Floor Museum- This museum is located in the infamous building where Lee Harvey Oswald fired those shots that killed President John F. Kennedy, on the sixth floor. The building is now the Dallas County Administration Building, and the museum chronicles the life and times of the beloved president.
• The Nasher Sculpture Center-Over 300 sculptures by the 20th century’s greatest artist are featured in the Gardens, including works by Picasso, Matisse and Giacometti. A worthwhile trip for anyone interested in modern and contemporary art and sculpture.